The goal of the Communications Department is to create partnerships within and outside the organization in order to provide information, assistance, and opportunities for stakeholders.
The Communications Department supports or oversees:
- Builds relationships between District 70 and the Libertyville community;
- Creates community and staff newsletters;
- Distributes District 70 electronic communications;
- Guides student, parent, and staff school board recognitions;
- Handles media relations and social media sites;
- Manages crisis communications;
- Processes FOIA requests;
- Oversees the website;
- Supports D70 Foundation for Excellence and business leaders;
- Updates Virtual Backpack.