The goal of the Communications Department is to create partnerships within and outside the organization in order to provide information, assistance, and opportunities for stakeholders.
The Communications Department supports or oversees:
- Builds relationships between District 70 and the Libertyville community;
- Creates community newsletters;
- Distributes District 70 electronic communications;
- Guides student, parent, and staff school board recognitions;
- Handles media relations, social media sites;
- Manages crisis communications;
- Processes FOIA requests;
- Oversees the website;
- Supports Partners for Excellence in Education business leaders;
- Updates Virtual Backpack.