Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
The Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Department monitors and facilitates review, adoption, evaluation and growth of all K-8 core curriculum. The department also oversees state and locally mandated assessments administered to District 70 students (IAR, STAR), shares performance reports with families and uses the data for instructional and curriculum decision-making.
Other responsibilities include:
- Works with teachers, building level and district administration to support researched-based student instruction;
- Leads instructional technology, along with coaches for English language arts and mathematics;
- Monitors and facilitates growth in English Learners and general education interventionists;
- Submits all federal and state grants for educational programs including Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and grant applications (Title I, II, etc.).
- Collaborates with principals on School Improvement Plans as a team to examine data on student performance and create improvement goals while incorporating instructional strategies grounded in scientifically based research designed to improve student performance.