District 70 takes pride in the consistently high level of academic achievement of its 2,127 students in the 2022-23 school year.
- District 70 students rank higher than state averages at all grade levels and in all tested subject areas;
- All five schools have been honored with the U. S. Department of Education's National Blue Ribbon School award for excellence, some more than once. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging content.
- Awarded Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces in 2018-19 and 2015-16 based on survey information gleaned from District 70 staff members in an independent analysis.
- Highland Middle School was named an Illinois Horizon Schools to Watch, the most prestigious honor given by the Association of Illinois Middle-Grade Schools (AIMS), for the third time in 2022.
The overall performance of teachers, administrators and support staff are well perceived among parents in the Libertyville community. School climate in District 70 schools is one of the most positively perceived areas among parents and staff, and their perceptions of the safety and the quality of the learning environment are consistently positive across all schools.
Interesting facts about District 70 for the Illinois Report Card.
- Adler Park School - Exemplary
- Butterfield School - Exemplary
- Copeland Manor School - Exemplary
- Highland Middle School - Commendable
- Rockland School - Commendable