District 70 offers preschool screenings for children3 to 5 years of age within the Libertyville D70 boundaries. The developmental screening includes assessment in the areas of motor, language, concepts and social-emotional development. The screening provides the Early Childhood Team with valuable information to determine if a child’s skills are developing within typical range or further assessment is warranted. Screenings are held at the District 70 Educational Resource Center at 1381 W. Lake St., Libertyville (across from Butterfield School).
Preschool Screenings for the 2022-23 School Year
Please call 847-247-2694 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. by the dates indicated below to schedule a screening
- Friday, Sept. 9, 2022 (please call by Sept. 2, 2022)
- Friday, Oct. 7, 2022 (please call by Sept. 30, 2022)
- Friday, Nov. 4, 2022 (please call by Oct. 28, 2022)
- Friday, Jan. 13, 2023 (please call by Dec. 20, 2022)
- Friday, Feb. 3, 2023 (please call by Jan. 27, 2023)
- Friday, March 3, 2023 (please call by Feb. 24, 2023)
- Friday, April 14, 2023 (please call by April 5, 2023)
For more information, contact Mary Tyree, administrative assistant in the Special Services Dept., 847-247-2694, firstname.lastname@example.org
District 70 offers preschool screenings to all children within D70 boundaries including those families interested in our preschool program. The screening is not a full and detailed evaluation of your child. It is a tool that provides a worthwhile diagnostic assessment of your child's development in the areas of motor, language, and concepts.
What are the developmental areas screened?
- Communication: Receptive and expressive language skills.
- Gross Motor: Use of large muscles for sitting, walking, etc.
- Fine Motor: Hand and finger movement and coordination.
- Problem Solving: Ability to play with toys and solve problems:
- Personal-social: Self-help skills and interaction with others.
How often do the screenings take place?
- Screenings are held frequently throughout the school year.
Whom do I contact for more information?
- If you have developmental concerns, please call Mary Tyree at 847-247-2694 for more information.