WELCOME TO HIGHLAND PHYSICAL EDUCATION!
The mission of our department is to provide a high quality instructional program that will be challenging, enjoyable, and rewarding for each child, while also meeting their developmental needs and satisfying the Physical Development Goals and Standards of the State of Illinois.
HMS Physical Education Curriculum Emphasis
1. Development of health-related physical fitness programs establishing patterns for a healthy lifestyle that will better the quality of our students’ lives.
2. Development of opportunities for students to explore and develop a range of movement skills, including the skills and understandings necessary to participate in a variety of sports, games, dances, and other physical activities.
3. Development of positive self-esteem in an environment, which promotes emotional well-being. A healthy response to competition will be taught and reinforced, with an emphasis on sportsmanship.
4. Development of teaming, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
5. Emphasis of fundamental skills and lifetime activities which will carry over into the future of our students.
6-8 Physical Education
Welcome! I have been teaching Physical Education at Highland School since 1991. I earned my B.S. in Physical Education from Eastern Illinois University where I played on the collegiate volleyball team. I later earned my M. Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from National Louis University. I am proud to say that my early educational years were spent right here in Libertyville. I am a former Hornet and Wildcat!
One of the things I love most about teaching P.E. is watching kids make the correlation between movement and feeling good!
In my free time I enjoy hanging out with my family, walking, working out or playing volleyball.